17 and pregnant what are my rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 and pregnant what are my rights?

I am 17 years old and I am 6 months pregnant living in Sussex county. I will turn 18 one month after my baby is born. My mother is making move out of state to keep me from being with my boyfreind. I live with my mother who is controlling and wants to take custody of my baby when it is born. Can i move out or marry my boyfriend? Can i go to a shelter for young mothers? Can i give custody to my 19 year old boyfriend (who is the biological father) or can i give custody to my boyfriends mother? I do not want my mother to have custody because she has been abusive to me and do not want that for my unborn child.

It sounds like you are under a lot of stress and I am sorry to hear that. You are the one who is in control of what happens to your baby. You do not have to give up guardianship of your child unless you want to and of course the child's father has more rights over the child then your mother does.

Here is the number to the SUSSEX COUNTY DIVISION OF SOCIAL SERVICES
    973-383-3600, maybe they can assist with a shelter for you and your child. The Hub’s number is (877) 652-7624, press option “4” for help with finding shelter for youth under 22 years old. I hope this has helped and I also listed other resources to help. Good Luck with everything!
    Here are some websites that can help with your health and the babies. Statewide program information at www.state.nj.us/humanservices. It gives information about healthcare, welfare, disability programs, children services, working family services, etc.
    Planned Parenthood of NJ in Sussex County’s number is 973.383.5218.
    Birthright International’s number is (800) 550-4900 and this provides services to pregnant women from testing, prenatal care and finding supplies for new mothers. Includes location finder by zip code. 24/7. You can also call 2NDFLOOR at any time to talk we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X