I need to move out...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to move out...

Quick backstory: I'm days away from turning 18. I've been through hell these past 6 months, and I've actually had to move across the country 3 different times because of it. And yes, I mean me—a 17 year old—moved BY MYSELF across the United States, THREE TIMES. There are so many issues that led up to all that, it's pointless to try to list them all. But in summary, all of the places/situations I've been in these past 6 months have turned sour/abusive/dangerous, only further contributing to the chaos that I call my life right now...

But this last time, I moved back in with my biological mother. She just recently remarried (3rd time's the charm lol) and the new hubby is just as bad as the last two, but in a different way. This guy is HORRIBLY misogynistic. He actually tries dictating what clothes I wear and who I can socialize with. I have brought this up with my mother so many times, but it always ends in a fight, with her defending him. This is just one of many problems I have with her/this current environment. My mother is an incredibly manipulative, weak person. And I've always known that... however, I'm just days away from having the freedom to leave. Which brings me to my next issue:

I need to move. Like asap. I actually loaned all $3000 of my savings to my mother months ago, so that she could move herself! So, as you can understand, I've been out of a job for 6 months and I have absolutely no money to my name. The obvious answer would be to just get a job, right? Wrong. I have an emotional support dog that quite literally is the reason I'm still alive despite all this crap. But my mother has this whack vendetta against my dog, and is just waiting for the opportunity to sell her behind my back. I genuinely do not feel comfortable leaving the house without her (my dog). I've been doing my entire senior year online, so I've been able to stay home with her. Unfortunately though, I do not have the means to put my dog in doggy daycare while I work, and I'm not quite sure if I'm mentally well enough to juggle this whole situation, school, and a job. My dog needs to stay with me, rehoming her is not an option. But it also feels like I have no other options either. I'm about 3 months from graduating, so the responsible thing to do would be to stay until then. But I need advice on how the hell I'm supposed to make money during that time, while keeping my dog safe from my mother, so I can leave soon after. How am I supposed to save up enough to move out and financially support myself and my dog, when I'm dealing with all this? I would be so, SO grateful for advice. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing, It definitely seems like you are going through a lot and therapy would be the best thing for support right now. You can look online for jobs through search engines and many will come up like indeed, career builders, monster, nj jobs, etc. Of course getting a job now is more challenging but there are jobs out there and many people are still able to work and be successful who have gone through trauma. Let’s face it everyone has something they’ve experienced that has been hard so your not alone with that. You can also see if you can get some temporary unemployment thorough social services or the state website as well. As far as a place to live there are shelters if it comes to that in nj, https://www.hud.gov/states/new_jersey/homeless/shelters. Text or call 2NDFLOOR Youth helpline to further discuss this whenever you are up to it if you want. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

HI There,
      Can you drive?? You can do UberEats and ride with your dog??

Also, how about working from home as a virtual assistant? Do you have any friends available at this time that can help out? Also, do you have a chip on your dog? You can also, have a camera put on your room to watch your dog.

Have you tried dog walker and you can take your dog with you? Also, Another thing you can work at night time when your mom and stepfather are asleep?? Good Luck. Hang in there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X