Aunt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aunt

My aunt always texts me every once in a while and I miss her. She used to be really close with my family but then her and my mom got into a huge fight but I was too young to even figure out why at the time. They haven't talked in literally probably eight years. But my aunt misses us and texts me on the holidays and just randomly sometimes. I always text back and we text about how we miss each other and how she hopes we're doing well. It's just that my mom has no idea I have any contact with her and she would get angry if she found out. Even on Easter, when my aunt called my mom, my mom just let it ring and go to voicemail. And I just didn't have the heart to tell my aunt that my mom wants basically nothing to do with her. Anyways, my aunt called me for the first time today instead of just texting and I just let it go to voicemail because I don't know. I'm afraid she'll ask to talk to my mom or something. And I feel like I've put myself in the middle of a sister fight and I don't know what to do.

Well it sounds like there definitely is more to the story then you know. I understand why you let it go to voicemail and it probably was best for you right now. You do not want to be put in the middle of it. Maybe you could ask your mom what happened (if you feel okay with that)? Maybe you could try to just listen and see how your mom feels. If you then feel that your mom is open to talking about it, you could ask how she would feel about you talking to your aunt. Just try to open the dialogue up about how your mom really feels because after all you I’m sure you don’t want to hurt your mom’s feelings. I hope this has helped some and if you want to talk ever call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X