Work for dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work for dad

I work for my dad's business and have just started out recently. Today, I worked hard for 5 1/2 hours. My dad pays me for my work. I got in trouble at home for wearing my brothers shirt and as a punishment my dad said I lost the pay that I would have earned from work today. I would have earned 44 dollars but now I won't get it because I took my brothers shirt. Is it legal to take away money from work because of a home issue? And wouldn't it be unconstitutional because of the 8th amendment? Please get back to me soon

Thank you for posting on the 2nd Floor Message Board. I am sorry to hear about this issue with your father. Working for family can be sticky business and many of the issues you suggest fall into a grey area during such times because family members rarely sign offical employment contracts with certain clauses, limits and stipulations. It's probably best to talk to your Dad calmly and be reasonable about it. If you don't like the end result you can always not work for your Dad's business. I'm sorry if this didn't help much but as I wrote previously family working for family can get very emotional and unprofessional. Take care and good luck!

2nd Floor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X