I hate my mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my mom

So my mother and I were driving around in Black Friday, and we see someone sitting legit in the middle of the parking lot on the road. They seem to be around middle school age, and I asked my mom if we should go ask if they are okay or something as the mall lot was empty because all malls are closed. She was like, "Why is that my problem?", and kept driving. I couldn't believe how selfish that was. Typically, adults do that. When I walk alone at night, neighbors like to check in and ask if everything is okay. I'm sure as a mother she's glad that people extend their care and kindness and care after me (her daughter), but won't do the same for someone else because she has this "me me me" mentality. She's very sensitive, so I don't get how she is unable to put herself in other people's shoes. It's scary to me sometimes. I want the woman that loves me to have a big heart that cares of the community, society, people in general, but she doesn't. She doesn't work, volunteer, she couldn't care less to serve others, but she also has a big heart.

I understand how that could be upsetting for you that your mom is maybe not as a giving person to strangers as you may be. That doesn’t necessarily make her a bad person though and should not make you “hate” her. It’s obviously okay to not agree with her ways when it comes to things like this. Just because she is like this now doesn’t mean she will be forever (even though she’s an adult). Maybe some of your giving and caring ways with others will rub off on her! If you want to talk about this further you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Thank you for being such a kind human being!

Comment

You are very welcome. We certainly need more kindness in the world. I would suggest not to judge your mother as not being compassionate. Maybe giving her the benefit of the doubt that she is just nervous as many people are scared of being exposed to COVID 19. Everyone has a different way of handling fear and she may be coming across as uncaring. You cannot control your mother's reactions but you can control your response to her so continue modeling your kindness and compassion to her.... it may rub off on her! If you want to talk about this further you can call or text us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Thank you for being you!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X