My situation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My situation.

My parents got divorced when I was only 11 years old. At the time things were really hard I remember my mom struggling to find a job to support her three kids, us having to move from our home, and so much conflict and stress all the time. My older brother also has always been a bully to me and I was afraid to be around him because he hurt me with his words. He also sexually abused me by touching me inappropriately when no was around at different ages.I’m twenty now, going to school for nursing but I feel like my life is spiraling out of control because I went through traumatic experiences before. I don’t know what to do or where to go. I have no money for therapy and no money for medication. My mom is unsupportive of both and believes the “just trudge on” is the right approach but there are times I want to leave this world. Where do I go? What do I do? And can I/how can I get better?

Hey there, it must have been difficult for you to grow up with such a relationship like the one you had with your brother. Have you ever spoken with any one about the sexual abuse? Seeking help does not necessarily mean that you will require medication. It is possible to receive adequate help through counseling. You say you are in nursing school, do they have a counseling program there that you can look into? Another option could be to look for services through your insurance if you have it or community mental health programs. There are many counseling services that are free to very low cost it is just a matter of finding them near you. The "trudge on approach" that you speak about from your mother works for some people but not all. So it may have worked for your mother but does not necessarily mean it will work for you or most people so do not take shame in seeking help. This is a very difficult time in your life so try to gain what ever supports you need to make it through. If you would like to talk about this or anything else further don't hesitate to reach out to 2NDFLOOR anytime 24/7 via text or call at 1(888)222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X