My parents are done with me.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents are done with me.

My parents always tell me that I tend to have an "attitude" and tonight, when my dad asked me what movie I rented and I didn't answer, things just got worse from there. My mom asked for the movie and I told her no because I went back outside and told my dad what movie I rented. After that, my mom took more and more things away from me and when she took my phone, I lost it and locked her computer in my room with me and told her I was keeping it until I got everything back. Then my dad walked in and told me to go in my room and threatened to hit me, as he always does in these situations. He took my phone and manhandled me and I hate being manhandled and in conclusion, I told him that I hate him and that I want him out of my life. He has been gone for an hour and now he is home and I have no idea what to do.

First of all, if you are being abused you need to report this to DCP&P. They can come to your home and perform an evaluation to see if what your father is doing is abusive. You can reach them at (877) NJ-ABUSE. Secondly, parents do have the ability to punish their children as they see fit (not abusing them of course). If they feel you are acting in a way that deserves to have your phone taken away, they can do that and taking your mom's property and locking it away is not a good response. Instead, try to find a way to calm these situations down before they get to a point where things are being taken away. In this instance you described above, it seems like this would not have occured at all if you had answered your father's question in the first place. Recognizing that you did go back outside and tell him the movie, but at that point, your mom had already decided to start taking things. Adapt your behavior in such a way that you squash any problems before they even become issues. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X