This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom is a Slut

So my Mom has been acting weird lately. She has never been like this before...not that I know of... But she has been meeting anonymous people online and having sex with them. It hurts because I didn't think she was that way. At first, I thought it was just in my head. But then, she started to tell me to "go away" when I was near her and she was on the phone with her "friend" (that's her name for the guys she f*cks but she doesn't think I know that). It's gotten so bad that she bought a phone especially for it, and she told me to never touch the phone. Today, she was taking a nap and I decided to look at the new phone. It's got texts from her sent to other's saying extremly vulgar sexual things... She's been starting to go downhill for a while now, since she started drinking again and smoking weed and now she is doing this... Then when I confront her and ask her to be more of a mom sometimes, she just sits there and calls me a "physcotic nutjob" and then she calls a bunch of her "friends" (she has multiple sex-buddies, they all just dont know that she has more than one) and complains that I'm a whackjob to them. I just dont feel right anymore. I dont even love her anymore..I love my old mom. The one who didn't smoke and drink and have anonymous sex with random guys and come home at 1 or 2 or even 3 am on a school/work night... I just want my mom back. What do I do? I have no where to go and no one to talk to.

Sounds like your mom is going through her own things right now and unfortunately, we cannot make other people change their behaviors, we can only change how we deal with them. Let your mom know that you are there for her if she ever needs you, that you'll always love her and that you cannot support her negative behaviors. Then take care of yourself. Look for self-help groups in your area for children of alcoholics. They are out there and offer support to people in your position. Try not to let the name calling and weird behaviors toward you bother you. Try to remember how she treated you prior to smoking and drinking. Sometimes when people get involved in alcohol/drug use, they tend to become more self focused and lose sight of how their behaviors impact the loved ones around them. We are also available to talk on the phone, so you do have someone you can talk to. Give us a call if you want at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X