Marijuana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana

Hey 2ndfloor. So I am 13 years old and I am having a little problem... You see, my older bro is 17 and he smoke marijuana. His gf does too. They are really nice and trustworthy and always have my back, and so last night when we were all hanging out, my older bro decided to sit me down and give me a serious talk about drugs. (He was sober when he did this). He told me that eventually, I was going to smoke. (EVERYONE in our area does it, so yeah, he is probably right). He also told me that it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, and that the marijuana can be laced with other things. So, he asked me in the nicest, non-peer-pressured way, if I would try it with him. And even if I didn't want to do it then, I could do it whenever I felt comfortable. Oddly enough, I said sure. After I smoked, I felt scared... like I was in a never-ending dream. It scared me, and I didn't like it at all. I felt nauseous, hungry, tired, dizzy, etc. I told my brother and his girlfriend this as it was happening, and they both kept repeating that it is normal and that maybe I just inhaled a little too much. So I got scared and began to panic and freak out. After getting some food and bringing me home, they tucked me in and told me to fall asleep. I did, and actually slept better than I have in months... But I still feel weird...

I know this isn't a health hotline, but were those feelings normal? And today is Sunday, and I still feel somewhat spacey and weird. My older bro said that is common with the first time, and if there is a second time for me (I doubt there will be), it won't be as terrible. I just feel guilty and stupid for what I did. I will not tell anyone- not my mom, not my best friend, not my therapist, not my doctor... no one. I made my brother promise not to say anything and he swore, along with his girlfriend. (By the way, PLEASE do not give me some lecture about the dangers of drugs. I know already. I have heard it all before. That is why I feel guilty). Thanks.

So, it sounds like you really don’t want to try marijuana so don’t feel like you have to, whether it’s your brother or not. You stated that your brother mentioned that everybody smokes and that is not true, people may experiment with drugs, but that does not mean that everyone is smoking their whole life or that it becomes a lifestyle. Listen, you are young and are still finding out who you are, as well as still developing, so you should not let other’s behavior affect your own decisions. It is true that there are peer pressures and that there are things laced in marijuana like your brother said, but that has nothing to do with trying it with him. I can understand that your brother is trying to inform to be careful about drug use, but it should end there. Again, you are so young and you sound like it is not something that you want to do anyway. I hope that has helped. Here is an educational website you can explore about teen health @ http://www.teenagehealthfreak.org/ and http://www.teenhealthfx.com/. Just remember that the choice is always yours. If you want to talk at any time please call 2NDFLOOR AT 888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 05-19-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X