I can't be perfect.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't be perfect.

My family is always putting me down and complaining about how I don't open up to them, but when I do open up to them, they just laugh and say I am "dramatic." Am I dramatic for just wanting to be loved by my family? I feel this constant pressure to be perfect but not even that is good enough for them. Your family is supposed to be the people that bring you up and support you so why doesn't mine do that? They call me names and blame me for things that aren't my fault and I'm trying really hard to act like it doesn't bother me but it is getting harder and harder.

Glad you reached out to us. Sorry your family doesn't support how you feel ,that can't be a good feeling. Maybe try writing a letter to your parents about how you feel, it is less confrontational and you can still get the message across..just a thought, your parents may not even realize how their behavior is making you feel sad. So regardless of any of that, you can manage your reaction toward it by changing your expectations, just know that they might not react how you want them to but it is all they are capable right now. May not be right but it is how you can cope with their behavior. But maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully they change or realize how you feel and start to listen. Try to stay connected to the positive people in your life and practice some healthy coping tools to manage your stress. Hope this helps you some and if you need to talk again, please text or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 04-01-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X