Parents: boyfriend problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents: boyfriend problems

My mom doesnt like my black boyfriend. I dont know what to do? I feel my dad only only likes him and my mother and the rest of her family cannot stand him. They are racist.

Sorry to hear you are facing this struggle with your family. I know the conversation you want to have is not going to be easy, but make it relaxed. Don’t be afraid to talk about race and how you accept everyone for who they are. Listen, maybe your family has not had any real experiences with someone outside of their race. Real knowledge of people (not assumptions) is the only thing that breaks down stereotypes and prejudices, so maybe you can approach the conversation like that. Ask them have they had “real” friendships or experiences with anyone outside of their own race and go from there. Remember, you cannot make them change their attitude or mind, but you can let them know where you stand! In the end though, it will be your choice who you decide to date and as long as you are dating a person who respects you and treats you well then that is all that matters. If you need more help you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228. Good luck!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X