Parents: boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents: boyfriend

So i meet this really respectful guy 5 months ago and now hes been my bf for the past 5 months. He doesnt want sex or any of that and thats one of the reasons why i like him. He wants to wait until we are older and mature to understand that sex isnt a game.. You give that person your virginity. Anyways im not alowed to dating until im 16 and im 15. All my friends have sex, smoke, drinking and party but im not like that. And i feel my parents think of me like that because im a "teenager". Im a virgin , never smoked , dont drink, and i dont party. But anyways my boyfriend is black and my family is italian and they are racist expect my father. He says everyone is equal and gods good creations but then my mom is more no dating blacks or anything. It hurts when she says that and the worst part she knows how it feels. My dad is spanish and my grandmother didnt like him at first because he wasnt italian but she treats him like a son now. And idk what to do im almost 16 and i feel if i show my mom my bf and she sees hes black she will convince my father to take her side and wont trust me to go out anymore. What do i do?!

Well it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders for your age, so your parents have to be proud about that! I know that the conversation you are going to have with your mom will be a difficult one, but it is important to have it at some point, just be prepared. Be prepared that the outcome may or may not be what you want, but it is still a conversation you might want to have. Here is something to think about to start the conversation, maybe ask your mom to explain to you why it is that she feels you should only date Italians when your dad is Spanish. Maybe ask her to talk to you about how she felt when she wanted to marry your dad and her mom would not accept him. Try talk to her and have her open up about her struggles a little and maybe it can give you a way to open up to her at some point. Listen, this does not mean that your mom will agree with you, but it might be a start for her to at least hear you. In the end though, it will be your choice who you decide to date and as long as you are dating a person who respects you and treats you well then that is all that matters. If you need more help you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228. Good luck!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X