This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbally Abusive

I honestly can not stand the way my dad treats me anymore. He degrades me every single day just because i no longer attend high school im working towards getting my GED but the test for 2014 has not been made yet. So i study almost everyday but he calls me names like failure and how i disappointed him that he wants nothing to do with me that im a stupid bitch etc every single day its some kind of argument.I have been looking for a job for at least 4 months now if not longer. Every single place i applied never accepted me. Im 17 years old and i even made up my resume to give them. my father supports me financially but not anymore so i have no money at all..He walks around the house talking to himself about how shitty me and my mom are and what horrible people we are. he gives me dirty looks and we arent even speaking at the moment. everytime he needs help i am there to help him and he takes everything for granted. i honestly believe he has a mental issue and suffers from bipolar disorder.he has many anger fits where he screams loud and throws things.he is also a pathological liar. if you ask him why he said something he will say he didnt do it and then go ahead saying he never lies about anything..what is that even called..im so stressed out its unreal im trying so hard and he is constantly stepping on me saying im so disgusting.I know the response to this is going to be family counseling no my family can not get counseling been there done that nevermind my dad would not even go neither my mom.i moved so far away from my friends and boyfriend because we couldnt afford the house we were living in so im prettty much alone all the time listening to him say stuff about me i dont understand why if he is such a man why wont he say it to my face everyone i tell says oh its not that bad yes it is that bad if your self esteem is at an all time low and you keep getting degraded every single day ...i really dont know how to deal anymore you would think that a parent would love you unconditionally but my father is stubborn and evil.

I think the thing to remember is that you cannot change anyone else, you can only change yourself. While you're father might be doing all of the things you say, if you've told him how much this hurts you and even attempted therapy with him, there isn't too much you can do to change him above and beyond that. Instead, don't look to him for your self esteem. Be proud of yourself for what you accomplish, look to others that are more positive influences in your life, talk to a professional for yourself, not for your family. Continue to look for a job and study for your GED, try not to get discouraged, lots of people are having a hard time finding employment at this time. Keep putting yourself out there and hopefully, eventually someone will bite. This will also help get you out of the house and away from your father more. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X