I want to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave

I'm trans and queer and my parents are ignoring it. my mom was yelling at me for failing french and math so I told her I didnt want to go to college. she said I would graduate high school with good grades no matter what. I want to get out of the house because I cannot stand them pushing Catholicism on me. they want me to be like my oldest brother, a biochem major, but I want to drop out and work in carpentry, art, and music. I cant be emancipated for another year and a half even if I tried too. my parents argue about me all the time and I feel like a burden so maybe I should just leave.

I get that having expectations put on you can be stressful, try going to your guidance counselor to talk through some of the options you have for after high school. It is okay to want to take a different direction then your sibling but it is also good to have a goal and be aware of what is out there for you. You can even have your mom come in to talk with your guidance counselor about what your aspiration for your future are, if you want. Just important to remember that family dynamics can be challenging sometimes but it does sound like your mom cares, just be true to who you are and pick and choose your battles with your parents. If you want to talk about anything further please text or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X