My Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Parents

My mom and step dad are always fighting and she takes her anger out on me, not physically, just yelling at me for the little things like talking to my friends on FaceTime when she's in my room yelling at my step dad over the phone. I already suffer with bi polar depression and I stress out easily, so when she lashes out at me I panick and stress. Then I just end up being depressed for weeks.

Well at least you can recognize that she is not really angry at you, just taking misplaced anger out on you...which still feels pretty bad. Have you ever tried talking with her about how you feel about what's going on between you two? Maybe it's possible she doesn't even realize how you feel about the way she is speaking to you. Maybe sometime, when you're not arguing, you can ask her if you can talk to her and mention it to her. Try not to use blaming statements like "I feel like you yell at me too much" instead try to word it so it talks about your feelings "sometimes when you yell at me, it upsets me and I get sad for awhile." Hopefully she understand how her yelling hurts and possibly stop. If that doesn't work, maybe you guys could get some form of family therapy to learn how to communicate with each other more appropriately. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X