Abusive Mom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusive Mom

Me and my moms relationship has been going downhill for the past 2-3 years. We are constantly yelling at each other. We have no respect for each other at all. We argue over little stuff and then it gets blown out of proportion and she says hurtful things like "I fucking hate you", "you're the worst child", or "i would've stopped having kids if you were my first child". Those three are what have stuck with me because they hurt so much. She refers to my older sister as her favorite literally in front of me to purposely upset me. My dad always takes her side in an argument and I always end up grounded because of my "arguing". I argue because Im just trying to prove my point. I get so frustrated and upset with them that I even have suicidal thoughts. She went through my stuff one day and saw where I wrote about them. She JOKED about it! She says stuff like "just because you dont get your way, you want to kill yourself" or ill get mad and she'll say "oh are you going to kill yourself now". I get treated like shit and its been Me and my moms relationship has been going downhill for the past 2-3 years. We are constantly yelling at each other. We have no respect for each other at all. We argue over little stuff and then it gets blown out of proportion and she says hurtful things like "I fucking hate you", "you're the worst child", or "i would've stopped having kids if you were my first child". Those three are what have stuck with me because they hurt so much. She refers to my older sister as her favorite literally in front of me to purposely upset me. My dad always takes her side in an argument and I always end up grounded because of my "arguing". I argue because Im just trying to prove my point. I get so frustrated and upset with them that I even have suicidal thoughts. She went through my stuff one day and saw where I wrote about them. She JOKED about it! She says stuff like "just because you dont get your way, you want to kill yourself" or ill get mad and she'll say "oh are you going to kill yourself now". I get treated like shit and its been getting to me. I now have anxiety and have attacks when I have to meet new people, or if I walk in front of a crowd because Im always scared that they are judging me. My grades are dropping and Ive become antisocial. I try to explain everything to my boyfriend but he doesn't understand how hurtful everything is. His parents get along amazing and they are like a picture perfect family. My parents have been divorced for about 6 years maybe but they are still trying to "work things out". They fight all the time, calling each other horrible names and they do it right in front of me. I cant even count how many times theyve gotten in a huge fight and they made me decide who i was going to live with (they end up making up the next day). My dad drinks everyday and on the weekends they go to bars and come home trashed. Im constantly thinking about killing myself and how much happier I would be. I never get taken seriously. My parents just think Im a "disrespectful asshole". I am disrespectful to my mom because of the way she talks to me. Its gotten so bad that we all hate each other. Right now i am on a phone that cant even call or text because Im grounded.

First of all I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR for help. It sounds like you are having a difficult time with your parents. I think it is important for you to discuss this with a counselor at school so you can get some support. Your counselor might be able to speak to your parents so the family can get some counseling. Also, if your counselor feels that you need even more support the school might have to contact DCP&P, which is child protection services. They would come and speak to you, your siblings and your parents about things that are going on in your house. They might be able put counseling in place for your family. If you feel like you want to hurt yourself, you can reach out to us @ 888-222-2228 or the National Suicide prevention Helpline at 800-273-8255. Please reach out to someone for help. Do not lose hope, there is always something to live for. Please reach out to 2NDFLOOR anytime 24/7 by text, message board or phone.

Comment

Hey, im went through the same things,(im away from her) and trust me, it can get better. try to talk with a counselor or a therapist for a resiliency plan, which helped me for the longest time, and still does! stay strong, and i barely know you, but i want you to stay here. to live in this world.

-Savannah ♥

Comment

Hello, I read your post and am I going through similar things, maybe we could talk and help each other

Comment

Hey just letting you know I am going through the exact same if I could explain you would be shocked I

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X