Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myself

My mom won't let me be myself.
    I want to get bangs, or even cut my hair short, but she won't let me.
    She wont let me buy clothes she doesn't like (band t shits, ripped jeans, etc)
    She just won't let me express myself...

I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time with your mom. I’m sure it must be challenging to communicate if you are able to tell her how you feel without her shutting you down. Have you ever tried to write a note to your mom to let her know how you are feeling? Sometimes it’s an easier way of communicating and writing a note is non-confrontational.
    Whether you go with your parents or alone it would really benefit you to seek counseling where you can express your feelings in a supportive environment and gain strategies on how to handle this situation at home in a healthier way. Here is a number to NJ Mental Health Cares @ 866-202-4357 or visit them online @ www.njmentalhealthcares.org. If you ever want to talk more about this, give 2NDFLOOR a call we are here 24-7 @ 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X