Being the least favorite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being the least favorite

I always feel like everyone hates me. My own parents hate me. They are always disappointed in everything that I do and I try so hard but they won't listen. Just recently I started to carve names of my "friends" into my ankles. My parents got really mad at me and my dad wanted the metal thing I was using to write the names. A week later my dad asked me if I had the thing but I lost the thing and I was telling him the truth. out of nowhere he screams YOU ARE FULL OF S***T! I know I don't have it as bad as many other people on this but I still have issues and I don't know how to handle them. I just don't want everyone to hate me and I just want my parents to love me like normal parents.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with dealing with your parents right now. What is it you've done to try to let them know how you feel that they don't like you. Sometimes it is possible for parents to be worried or scared or even disappointed in their children's behaviors, without really hating them. And sometimes they act out in anger, when they don't know how to express other emotions like fear. That behavior of cutting can be worrying to parents, it's something that's not safe and needs to be addressed...hopefully with a mental health counselor, but maybe at school with a counselor there. Maybe reach out to them about how you're feeling and what is making you cut and what can be done to help you with stopping. For more info on self-injury check out www.selfinjury.com or call/text us at 888-222-2228 to discuss it further.

Comment

Just now my dad screamed at me for getting 3 answers wrong on my homework. He started to curse at me and yell. I don't know what to do and I really just want my friend Emily. she always knows what to do. she was the person that told me to get some help and she is really supportive and cares a lot about me and what I should do.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time with the relationship with your dad. It can't feel good getting yelled at like that, maybe when things calm down you can tell your dad how that made you feel. Another idea is to write your dad a note about this, a note can be less confrontational but still get your thoughts across. Also try talking to your mom about this. If you want additional support go to your guidance counselor at school that is what they are there for they can listen and help guide you through things. Emily sounds like a great friend for you and its good to vent. If you want to talk about this more or anything text or call us anytime, we are always here 24/7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Thanks so much Emily would love to hear that. She has gotten me through tough times but she told me that I should maybe go get some help cuz she isn't always going to be there to talk to. Thx so much for helping me so far. you guys are amazing.

Comment

I am glad the information helped you, reach out to us anytime -888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X