Mom and bands.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom and bands.

HI! I'm a fourteen year old girl, and So I love band as All Time Low, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan, etc. I've tried playing my music, but I always feel nervous when I do because of my mom. My mom doesn't say anything but I can tell she doesn't like it. When I asked to buy an All Time Low t-shirt, she said it was a phase and I'll get over it (she thinks I'm going through a depressed stage because I just got through cutting) I've always liked these bands, but just recently started being public with me liking them. What should I do? I'm just confused...

Well it just sounds like your mom doesn’t relate to your music and that can happen. You are different generations and view music differently. As far as your mom being concerned about your mental health, well she will always do that probably because she’s your mom. Just talk to her about your music and try to explain what you like about it.
    I hope this has helped you! You can call 2NDFLOOR at any time of day at 888-222-2228. We are here 24-7.

Comment

Reply to my last post

Just got a sweatshirt, and my mom likes it. It had a band on it! I'm so glad. Thank you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X