i dont know what to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to do...

So, my dad has recently started to gamble again and me and my siblings have been acting like we don't know anything because if we say something we will get in trouble and or my parents will divorce and mom had talked to him about his gambling and he stopped for a while and then when my mom left to deal with family issues and he started after she left. I already now that if I tell the truth i will get hurt mental and if I don't tell the truth I will still get hurt and I only have a string left that was my reason to live and that was family and music but now that im starting to lost my family I really dont know what to do...this is also the first time I talked about since I know I cant talk to my family and I feel like my school will judge me even if I know they won't but I feel like talking about it online without showing my face I feel better talking about this than with someone online.

I am glad that you reached out to 2NDFLOOR, we are here to help you. First of all you have no control over what your father does, and it is not your fault. Any of it. I am sure if your father is gambling again, your mom will be able to figure it out quickly. Your father has a disease. It sounds like he is addicted to gambling. I think you should reach out to someone to talk, if you feel like you can't deal with this. You can talk to your school counselor or you can text or call us. We are available 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Everything is kept anonymous. Also, please check out this website...there's a lot of information that might help you understand what your dad is going through too. http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/ Please reach out is you need more support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X