Self destructive behavior

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self destructive behavior

My parents are extremely strict. No technology in the room at night, no dating, etc. I am going to turn 18 in two weeks. Last night, i took my sister's phone from her room to borrow it for a minute. My mom barged in and toom it and won't talk to me. ZI think she thinks I was sexting. I am so scared to go home and get yelled at and to get everything taken away. DO you think this is too far or is my mom right to punish me as she does? In the past she has tried to refuse to ;let me sleep in my room and eat at the table with family, and will refuse to look at or talk to me for me telling her a small lie. Am I overreacting?

Ultimately, the thing you have to remember is that whoever owns the house gets to make the rules. That still doesn't mean that some of these things can't impact you though, so no you're not overreacting at all. Maybe at some point when she has calmed down you could try to talk to her about these things and let her know that they are upsetting to you. Also, maybe once you turn 18 and are legally an adult, you could talk with her about loosening up some of the rules of the house. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X