Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling suicidal

My family makes me feel like nothing

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling unsupported by your family, but I'm very glad you're reaching out to express the thoughts/feelings you're having right now. If you feel you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself, please call 911 right away. You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline which is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255. It may feel as though things cannot get better, or maybe you even feel hopeless. However, reaching out is the first step to feeling better, which you were able to do today! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us to express more of what you're feeling. We are available 24/7 via call and text at 888-222-2228. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

I feel like I always get left out .. everyone loves my sis more...

Comment

Maybe you can try talking to them about what you are feeling regarding your sister. I think the key word in your sentence is "feel" because feelings are not necessarily truths. You may feel everyone loves your sister more than you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's true, it's just your feeling of the situation. Maybe talking with them will help clear things up and maybe they can answer for you how they feel. You can also see if they might be interested in doing some form of family therapy. Many family's experiencing difficulties find it very helpful. Of course you can always reach us at 888-222-2228 to text or talk about it.

Comment

I have never been suicidal before, but being back home this week for thanksgiving (home from college) it just very hard for me. My "parents" and I don't have a relationship even though they are obvious to this information. Through out high school I felt as if I was on my own and that there was no one there for me. Being back in my house getting yelled at and treated like a child, I feel like that little girl who use to run upstairs and cry. I always say I haven't killed myself yet but maybe its time for me to leave or runaway.. I can't keep feeling like this and there is no one else for me to talk to.. My friends have been a big help but I feel like a burden.

Comment

Coming home for the holidays can be a tough time for many people. Although the holidays are meant to be a time of joy and togetherness, spending time with family (especially at home) can stir up old unhealthy family dynamics, related memories, and emotions. It sounds like being home from college is reminding you of the relationship you wish you had with your parents. It may be helpful to remember that you are no longer the little girl who ran upstairs and cried; you are now the young woman who has the power to cope with her emotions in effective ways, despite the unsupportive behavior of her parents. It's great that you have been able to express your feelings to your friends to receive support. It sounds like your friends care about you a great deal, and supporting you is a reciprocal part of the friendship, not a burden. Although things might seem unbearable at home right now, you will soon be able to return to campus and be in an environment which you have more control over. Also, your college should have a counseling center that can offer you help as part of your tuition. If at any point you feel in serious danger of hurting yourself, please call 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. We are available to call or text 24/7 at 888-222-2228 if you'd like any further support. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X