My adoptive mom threatened to call dyfs on me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My adoptive mom threatened to call dyfs on me

I have honestly felt like I have been getting bullied. She has been getting in my face and yelling and today she told me that she will call dyfs and i can pack my bags and go and I am honeslty so over everything that I just want out or I am going to explode.

It sounds like tensions between you and your mom are reaching an all time high. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been hearing such hurtful comments from her. Adults are most certainly not perfect and can say careless things that they don't mean when they're frustrated or overwhelmed, which sounds similar to how you're feeling right now. You're doing something really healthy for yourself by reaching out right now to get some support and that's something you can feel proud of! It may be helpful to speak to your mom (when both of you are calm) and review a plan of action for the next time things get emotionally heated. For example, both of you may agree to take a break and physically separate when you recognize things are beginning to escalate (i.e. when the two of you start to raise your voices, or any other signs that either of you are losing control of your emotions). It may be worthwhile to resume the discussion at a time both of you are feeling much calmer. If you and your mom are both reaching the breaking point, it may be necessary to receive outside support. Assuming you live in New Jersey, it may be helpful to speak to your mom (again, when both of you are calm) about contacting Children's Mobile Response and Stabilization Services (CMRSS) if things become too intense. CMRSS is able to be reached 24/7 and can send clinicians to your home to deescalate an immediate crisis and keep your family safe. You can reach CMRSS at 1-877- 652-7624. Here's the website link for more info: http://www.nj.gov/dcf/families/csc/mobile/. CMRSS can also get your family hooked up with in-home supports (like counseling) so that you and your mom can get along better. Also, if you are still involved with a case manager through your initial adoption, these interactions with your mom would be important to talk about with him/her. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you are in need of any further support! We are available 24/7 via call and text at 888-222-2228. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X