Self harm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self harm

So I use to self harm. I was clean for a while. Basically, my family and I got in a huge fight today over my depression. They don't understand. But anyways, I self harmed on my leg. I cut 11 times on my left leg, under the knee. They are really noticeable. They aren't deep, but they are red and pinkish. They hurt when I touch them. They didn't draw blood when it happened, though. (I used the end of a scissor) How long will this take to heal? I feel sad and shameful. I won't do this again, but the anger just bubbled up at that moment.

I need to know when this kind of injury will begin to just fade. I have gym and don't have any other kinds of pants to wear besides shorts. The school knows I used to self harm but I don't want this to become an issue again-- the school guidance counselor just makes everything worse, and my family is in agreement that they suck. Thanks.

Regardless of a problem, self-injury is never the right way to handle it. First, it would be best to get the cuts checked out by a medical professional, like a doctor or even your school nurse. It would be helpful to let them check them out to make sure there isn't any extensive damage or infection. Also, it would be helpful to reach out to someone that you trust to talk about this. While you mentioned that this is the first time you have cut in awhile, it would be helpful to prevent this from occurring again in the future. Check out the website www.selfinjury.com for more help. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more support!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X