Family Problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Problems

My sister has severe anxiety depression, which had her taken out of school for about a month. Instead of attending school, she went to emotional rehab to stabilize her. When she received the okay to attend school again, the behavior that called her to rehab started again. She is on numerous medications, all of which have been adjusted several times. She has no control, she is either sweet or a monster. She is abusive; both verbally and physically. She does not take no for an answer and if things do not go her way, you're screwed. I used to share a room with her. Technically, I still do. She only comes in to get ready or get things, that's it. My parents treat her as if she's a baby. I get it, she has problems but I do not deserve the hard way throughout everything. For example, I'm not eating dinner tonight because my parents got what they wanted (which is okay) and my only choice was fried food. I fear becoming internally unhealthy, so I passed on the chicken nuggets and fries. My sister had acted like an animal today, she was banging on the walls screaming and as soon as her fried food came out, she was fine. She gets all the unhealthy food she wants, my parents are influencing and supplying her health issues. She is not a healthy person, in fact my mother told her to "lay off the cookies" which doesn't make much sense being my mom is the one buying the cookies.... My mom wants her to be happy but apparently if influencing obesity does the trick, that's okay. I am slowly giving up on my parents. My dad was told that he will not survive if he does not change his eating habits and my mom does not care about anything. I go to them with problems about my sister and they disregard it. My mom's either too busy on her phone or my dad is doing something to satisfy his OCD. My mom likes to add onto things that make me upset. She feels it's necessary to tell me my hair is too curly, i'm wearing too much makeup or that I am too skinny. I really don't know anymore. The general parental concern that my parents once had is slipping away. I'm lost.

There is an old saying that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and that saying is often applicable in homes with someone who is sick or mentally ill. They are often the focus of the attention when they are good and when they are not so good and other people can get forgotten about because they don't seem to require that much attention. Knowing this does not make it any easier for you to live in the home, but that can be what happens. Have you ever spoke to them about how you feel? Maybe they don't even realize they're doing it. And not about your sister, about your relationship with them. Maybe talk to them about setting up a night with just you and them (or one of them alone) to go out and do something you enjoy. As far as food goes, the struggle to eat healthy is real. Often times it's just easier and cheaper to buy fast food than to sit and make something homemade and healthy. Here are a few ideas for you to think about. Make a list of foods that you like and give the list to the shopper in the family and see if they will pick those things up for you. If you're parents are getting fast food, try to find out ahead of time and see if there are healthy options on the menu like wraps or salads and ask if they will pick that up for you. Finally, if you're interested, plan and ask for ingredients for a meal for the family. Prepare if for everyone and this way you can control what you eat. In any case, I hope that you find these suggestions helpful and that you find the peace you are looking for at home. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X