My dad dies at 56

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad dies at 56

My dad recently died on Wednesday January 29th. He had a massive heart attack Monday January 27th and there was just too much damage for him to recover from. My dad was healthy, he exercised every other day he ate pretty well he was healthy. Now I still try to smile everyday and sometimes i feel guilty for smiling because my dad is dead, my mom and twin sister are sitting at home sad while I'm out trying to have a decent time. I feel like i am closing myself off to them right now, I don't know how to deal with them and myself so I just don't hang around them all that much anymore i tend to just stay in my room or go out. I know that everyone says being with family can help but for me it doesn't seem like that's the case. Does anyone have any advice because I'm not really sure what to do.

I am sorry for your loss. There is not a right or wrong way to mourn. Everyone is different and deals with their loss in their own time and at their own pace. Loosing such a big part of your life will take time to register with you and it is a process of healing. Just try to remember to check in with your family to see how they are and for them to see how you are, you just don't want to isolate yourself from your family at this time. Denying the death is an easy way to isolate yourself, and will frustrate your support system in the process. It’s okay that you are smiling and trying to stay up beat during this time, but just try to remember that you all do need each other and have this huge loss in common. If you need to chat at any time please call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228, we are here 24-7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X