Underage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underage

My cousins father is an alcoholic . her mom divorced her father . Now it's just her mom and her . I recently got a text meant to go to her friend . It was saying she was going to send her mom out and have her friend bring drinks . She is only 15 . I don't know if I should tell someone . I'm really worried about this

It sounds like you are a very caring cousin, because you are concerned for your cousin's well being and don't want her to get in trouble since she is underage. It is very understandable for you to be concerned, since alcoholism runs in your cousin's family. If you are really worried and don't feel like she should be drinking, it is okay to let your cousin no you are concerned. One way to do this, is to just reply to the message that you accidentally recieved, and say something like "Hey I don't think you meant to send this to me, but I don't think it is a good idea. Is everything okay?" This atleast lets her know that you are aware of the message, that you are concerned, and that you are available if she wants to talk. You can also try suggesting some other ideas, to give her some alternatives, so she can see that you want to help. However, keep in mind it is possible she may not respond or may not give a nice response.

If you feel like just responding to the text is not enough, it is okay to tell someone, such as her mom. Keep in mind it may cause your cousin to be upset that you told someone. But you have the right to tell someone, and it sounds like you are ultimately looking out for her safety. If you want to talk more about this or anything else feel free to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X