I think my mom is an alcoholic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my mom is an alcoholic

She's always drinking. I never get to talk to her when she's not because she starts the second she gets home from work. It's putting strain on my entire family and I'm worried about my dad leaving us because she is so horrible when she is drinking. She is nasty and mean and insensitive when she is drunk. I am so jealous of my friends who have moms. I hate going to my best friend's house because it makes me feel horrible when I see the amazing, loving, positive relationship she has with her mom. More than anything in the world, I want a mom who doesn't just claim to care about me, but who actually does. Not one who invalidates all my feelings and opinions, but one who is caring and will listen and not judge me or yell at me and verbally abuse me because she is drunk. I want a mom who will hug me and tell me every thing's gonna be alright, listen to my petty boy problems, and tell me she's proud of the young woman her daughter is becoming.

This is such a tough situation to be in, but it is great that you reached out for help with all of this. It doesn't seem fair to you to be carrying around all of this. Perhaps reaching out and talking to your other family members about this would be helpful for all of you. Maybe your dad is feeling the same way you are, or if you have siblings, they may be feeling the same things as well. Often, just talking about difficult situations lessens the burden. Maybe you can all work together to help your mom find the proper resources, like treatments, therapists, or self-help groups. There are resources available for you and your family members, as well, such as AL-ANON group meetings or check out the website www.nacoa.org for information. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X