Death at 5 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death at 5 months

Yesterday, I found out that my 5 month old cousin was dead. I love her so much and I can't figure out how to stop crying. The saddest part is that I saw it coming and I think our family did too. She had many problems; a cleft lip, charge syndrome, her surgery caused her vocal cords to paralyze so she had trouble breathing. I'm not worried about myself that much anymore, but I am worried about her parents. Her parents were the nicest people you would ever know and they did not deserve this. What do I say to them when I see them at the funeral? Stay strong? You'll be fine? I'm not her parents and yet I can't be strong myself.

First, let me say that I am sorry for your loss. Death is a hard thing for everyone, so don't feel like there is something wrong with you for not feeling strong at this time. Cry if you need to and it is okay not to know what to say to your Aunt and Uncle. You can say that to them, "I don't know what to say but that I love you guys and your cousin (name)." Just tell them that you are there if they need anything. Being there for your loved ones in a difficult time is the only thing to say. Sometimes trying to say too much is not comforting so just show your support. It sounds like you are already supportive so that wouldn't be a problem for you. I hope this helped and again, I am so sorry for your loss. You can call and talk to anyone at 2NDFLOOR anytime of day at 888-222-2228.

Comment

family instead of helping me they make things worse i am gonna kill myself

I don't want to be alive
      and my parents are always arguing and saying it was because of me then I say when they say that to me I just say y am I here with you guys and I need help and I will never be the same for the rest of my life and there is more but I don't have time for all of that and I just want to hang myself and then life will be much easier for me and my exfamliy and no one pays me any mind but my friends im tired of it

Comment

Suicide is never the right way to cope with a problem. It would be helpful to reach out to an adult that you trust, like a family member, teacher, or guidance counselor. If you think you are in immediate danger, then it would be best to call 911. There are so many resources available to help you with this! It may even be helpful to talk to your friends about how you are feeling, since they have been such a good support system for you. Perhaps they can help you find resources. You don't have to go through this alone! Try reaching out to the Hope Center Hotline at (800) 784-2433 or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for support. We are here 24/7!

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. It is typically very difficult to lose a loved one, the grieving process isn't always the easiest to get through but I promise it is possible to move forward and heal. Time is key often, because healing doesn't happen over night, over a week, or even years sometimes. It depends on each person as an individual however, it is always best to start off with acceptance.

Though you mentioned you are very upset by this I must commend you for you empathy and concern toward the parents. You must be a very considerate and thoughtful person, those are very admirable traits to have.

I hope that you understand you are entitled to grieving also, despite "not being a parent". I hope you are able to stay positive for as much of this time that you can, but of course you may be sad for some time, it is very understandable.

I would try not to worry so much about what the right thing to say to the parents is, I'm sure your love, support, and concern, are more than plenty. Just say what comes naturally, and be yourself. Feel whatever it is you feel, and don't worry about being wrong or guilty. Know, that you are doing just fine and you are right where you are meant to be at every moment.

Best of luck, and I hope you and your family feel better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X