Why is my mom like this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my mom like this?

This is not as big of an issue as some others that are on here, but I need to let this out. My mom is constantly spying on me. I have nothing to hide. The only reason I am bothered by this is that I like to write stories and frankly be alone. This 'feeling' just started recently. So, of course, my mom thinks I'm watching something inappropriate (which i am not), talking to people online, or just doing something dangerous, which stated before is not the case at all. I understand she is concerned for my safety, but I've reassured her multiple times I do not do any of that stuff. I'm just so tired of being on guard all the time. Why can't I just sit in my room and write? Everyone else can, yet my mom feels that she is allowed to just barge in and try to inconspicuously spy on me. I'm not stupid, in fact I'm extremely observant- due to my very quiet nature- and I notice things very easily. Ever heard the saying 'quiet people know the most gossip' or something like that? It's very much true. I'm just so tired of being on guard as I said before. I don't know what to do. I tried talking to her, but in the end I feel I'm starting to talk to her less and less. I used to talk to her about everything and I was happy about it. But then, she started spying on me. I feel so protective now of my thoughts.

It definitely seems like your mom is worried, maybe like you said you are writing alone a lot and she thinks you are sad or something. I know you mentioned you told her you're not doing anything inappropriate but have you ever tried to show her what you write and try to explain that it is a relaxing time for you? A quiet space for you to think. Just a thought, maybe if she can see that you are doing that to take care of your mental health she might be a little less invasive??? I am sad to hear that you are getting guarded with your thoughts so that is why I am suggesting to just show her once and then see where it goes. Another thought is, do you think your mom misses you? I don't know just playing devils advocate. You could also write your mom a letter explaining why you are alone and on computer if you'd rather not talk. I hope this helps you and if you need to talk call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

i feel you you just have to remeber you cant change her

Comment

its gonna be ok

Comment

Its ok trust me

Comment

no matter how hard i try my mom is never happy like i have not had one moment where i have been really happy i'm tired of hiding behind how i feel to make her be happy but while i'm doing that i'm dieing inside my mom is never happy with anything i do unless i'm acting like my older sister or following in the path of someone great if not i feel like i'm failing every test god puts me up to sometimes i think to myself` if i can't please my family how am i pleasing god to me i feel like i shouldn't even be here i'm failing in class and also failing in my personal life at this point i have no other answer for myself i keep getting up and trying over and over again but at the end that gets old and then it's time to move on but i don't know how i can pick up a new task if i keep failing the rest of them i wanna give up but everyone keeps telling me to keep going and now i'm at the end were i don't have anymore fight in me like this is a real big cry for help i need help also me and my mom need help but she is not willing to get help she wants me to change things and then she thinks we will be ok but that's not true i just need a friend or i just need a mom

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X