Been having alot of family problems, stress, and anxiety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been having alot of family problems, stress, and anxiety

Hello, I am a 14 yr old female and my parents got divorced when I was 7. When I was nine, my dad remarried. She seemed nice at first, but as I got older she became stricter and stricter. She always wanted my sister and I to act a certain way, be a certain way. She was always on my father to do something about us. (We weren't bad kids, we just weren't how you say used to listening to rules.) Im not a bad kid, I get straight A's, and am very quiet and obedient. But I was also very smart. I always heard their hushed conversations and stares they shared when I wasn't acting appropriate. I just started staying in my room and saying nothing all weekend. The months went by and summer came. We went on a really nice vacation to South Carolina. I loved it! However, I'm a teen. I get moody and when I was upset about something I texted my mother and let it out. I never could at their house, so my mom was my scapegoat. Fast forward to a couple weeks before Christmas. I was in my room with my sister. We were very excited because we wanted to have an xmas party with our friends. I went out of my room to get my charger (I never really understood why it was removed. It wasn't like it was in the way or anything.) There I saw my dad and my step-mother scrolling through my text messages. I was outraged. I held back the urge to scream. My step-mother ran away quickly leaving my dad to fend for himself. I grabbed my phone and locked myself in my room. I told my sister and we plotted ways to confront them about it. Keep in mind I was and still am the shyest girl you'll probably ever meet. I never stood up to authority. About two hours later, we gathered the courage and confronted them. They yelled and screamed at us. I was in disbelief, I started crying. They accused us, turning everything around to make them look like the victims. Yes, I'll admit I didn't say the nicest things, but this. I had never imagined my sweet, humble, quiet dad would invade my privacy. I never liked my step-mother in the first place. She never let me spend time with my dad, she kept him for herself. I called my mom after arguing and she picked us up and drove home. I cried for days. I was so betrayed beyond belief I started to doubt everything I'd ever thought about my dad. It's been three months. I still am not over it.

DISCLAIMER: I realize that they had the authority to look at my phone, but for what reason? I'm a straight A student. My teachers praise me. I obey every oder I'm given. I get it, fine. Look through my phone for weird messages, but then explain why they were looking at texts from my mom? The point is, I'm so betrayed and still upset. I'm very depressed because of this and some other reasons (one being my mom is very depressed), but I'm just so sad and feel I have no one.

Sorry to hear that you are sad about your relationship with your father, that must be hard to handle. Family relationships aren’t easy anyway & to add a step-mom who is not accepting of you is even harder. So maybe you should try to write your dad a letter, telling him how you miss him and how you felt about what they did, writing a note is less confrontational…and explain that now you feel like you lost trust. Don’t get too discouraged, I am sure that your dad loves you but he is probably trying to navigate the waters with you guys too. Maybe you can even talk to your parents about family counseling so you feel more secure with visiting your dad, might be helpful. Also, try not to overthink it too much, decide how you want to try and move forward and do it! Vent to whomever you want to if it makes you feel better too!! I hope these suggestions help you some and If you want to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X