Please help.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.

Hello, my name is Sydney. I am a 13 year old girl who has anxiety, depression, OCD, paranoia, you name it.
    As a child my father was always yelling at me, calling me worthless and stupid. He's threatened to hurt me before but never has in a manner that would be considered abuse, last July he moved out and my life seemed to be getting better. I have a toxic mother coincidentally. After my dad left she became the head of the house. She calls me disgusting. Unlike my dad, she has hit me on my face with the back of her hand a few times. Every time she does it she says it's my fault. Until recently I thought that parental behavior was normal but with more friends I am starting to realize that behavior is very unusual? Is this common? Should I worry? My mom tells me if I tell anyone about what she says, she'll kick me out and I'll be homeless. She tells me Difus will take me and abuse me. What should I do? I believe my mom has bi polar disorder, it's very obvious, I asked my dad and he said she does have it. When I ask my mom she screams at me and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. My mom only has food for 4 days out of the 5 in a school week for me to bring to lunch, she gives my sister double the food, both of my parents favor my sister, buy her clothes, give her things, never yell at her, or call her names. When I was little my sister use to harshly beat me by punching me in the face, pushing me down the steps or kicking me in the stomach and the behavior was never stopped by my parents. Due to the way I was brought up I can't decide if my mom is actually being emotionally/physically abusive or if I'm just exaggerating it. A few months ago in school I had a panic attack that resulted to me having to go to the hospital because I was hyperventilating so hard no oxygen was reaching my other extremities. My mom was mad at me for having the panic attack and told me the reason it happened was because I wanted to get attention.

Please help. What should I do? Should I continue leaving the situation alone or should I contact someone for help?
    I am truly ashamed to talk about this. I feel very pathetic and I'm angry at myself for being so weak.
    Please give me advice.

First off you are not pathetic, you are extremely brave for opening up about this situation. Unfortunately it does sound like physical and emotional abuse along with neglect. I understand that contacting the DCP&P can be scary but this is not a situation that you should be trying to get through on your own. The way your mom is treating you is not ok and it is not your fault! Contacting DCP&P does not mean that you will be abused somewhere else. Many times they do not remove you from your home, but try to work with the families to resolve the issues. However, if they find the abuse to be severe you may be put you in a different home. You can always call their number 1-877-652-2873 to report what's going on or you can tell an adult at your school such as a counselor and they can call for you or help you call. I want to remind you that NONE of this is your fault. No child should be treated this way in any condition. You are in no way exaggerating what you are experiencing. If you want to talk more you can also call/text 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24.7 at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X