Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic mother 3.0

So yeah I'm back
    If this is a different counselor, heres a quick fill in: my mom is emotionally abusive, obsessed with gender roles, radical catholic beliefs and the nuclear family
    So basically we went to my grandmas house for my cousins 1st birthday ??
    My mom got her a huge Minnie Mouse play house thing and made me go in it??? Not to play with her because she was being changed by her mom
    I'm just so confused as to why she's making me do that
    Also she ate food out of the babies hand even though she just stuck her fist in her mouth
    That's just gross
    She knows I don't like holding kids but as I was saying hi to my three year old cousin (which she was holding) she dropped her in my arms and she almost fell
    She KNOWSSSSS i don't feel comfortable and she always gets mad at me when I say no to holding her but just placing her in my arms? Just weird to me
    I think it might be because I'm pro-choice and she thinks I hate kids because of that (I don't) and because she is so focused on my sister and I giving her grandchildren
    She even is enforcing the idea that I should be having sex at my age ?? (15)
    Idc if other kids do like that's your choice but I really don't want to at the moment. Going with that, she keeps pestering me to get the HIV Shot because she's worried a guy is gonna give me it (apparently) bUT IM NOT EVEN INTO GUYS. She doesn't know that but still. I don't even think she's worried about me getting HIV but more trying to convince me to get the shot so I am more open to have sex ?? The shot has side effects that I don't even need to endure and idk how to convince her to make me not get it
    She is just so obsessed with motherhood and having the perfect family
    How do I deal with that ?? Thank you

I am sorry you are going through this with your mom. Have you spoken to anyone else about your mom and the emotional abuse? Maybe a trusted adult, a counselor, teacher, or a family member? Your mom should not be suggesting or forcing you into having sex. If that is the case, I would suggest getting some help. As far as the HIV shot goes, she cannot force you to take it. Next time you are at your doctor's maybe have a conversation with him about it. Also, I am not sure why your mom would want you to go inside a Minnie Mouse house, or hold a baby. Have you tried speaking to her about his? When she asks you to do something you feel uncomfortable with, have you told her, how she is making you feel? You probably already know that you can't change your mom, you have to change how you react to her. Maybe remind her that you are only 15 and you have a lot you want to do and accomplish before thinking about the perfect family. So please reach out for some support if things do not improve with your mom and don't hesitate to contact us anytime 24/7 by message board, text or phone. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

More info! Thank you

To answer your question, yes I have talked to my guidance counselor and a couple of teachers about it. Unfortunately they can't get truly involved or help unless they bring my mom in and that would honestly ruin my life. She screamed because I did as much as mention that she is against gay marriage to my BEST friend. Also, when it comes to her strange actions, I think it's to remind her of the "GOOD old days" when I was obedient and submissive to her and her opinions and she wants to be reminded of it. I'm really not sure, but that's what I think it is. Anyway, thank you for all of your help. I know it's annoying to see these long messages. I wish I could text you guys but she is connected to my messages.
      Also, with the advice of "reacting" to her, would it be smart of me to simply ignore or shut down her rude comments and remarks
      Like if she says "don't you want to put on makeup" or "OO that guy looks cute" do I just not respond?? I feel like taking away her feeling of authority might help but it might make her have more negative feelings towards me

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X