My mom gets drunk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom gets drunk

My mom has been doing this my entire life but I never realized until last new years, she was so drunk out of her mind. Her boyfriend was there to go to his house and she wasn't even able to get dressed. My dad had to come pick me up at midnight. He cheered me up but I could feel myself falling in a deep hole. No way out. After that I went to go visit my mom more and everytime she was drunk. She's also bipolar and her entire family is in Colombia besides me, her daughter. She's depressed too. Everytime she drink I fall deeper and deeper into my hole. I'm so worried for her and I don't know what to do. I don't like to see her hurt herself. My dad is always picking me up and I have to tell my mom excuses like I'm sick or I didn't do my homework because u don't want to hurt her. This is also lowering my grades. Some nights I don't sleep and I wake up exhausted, since I'm tired I can't focus and get lower grades. I don't want to talk to her about this, it's too uncomfortable. Could someone please help me. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Thank you

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this but I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. First of all please know that none of your mom's behavior or disease is your fault. It sounds like she does have the disease of addiction or alcoholism which she is the only one that can get herself help. It is understandable that you are worried for her but you need to take care of yourself. Can you speak to your dad about going to Al-anon meetings? These are meetings specifically for families of alcoholics. It would be extremely helpful to meet other people that are going through what you're going through with your mom. They discuss ways to get through things that are going on and ways to cope. There are also some additional resources that would be helpful to you. The National Association of Children of Alcoholics, please check out their website- www.nacoa.org or try the Addictions Hotline of NJ. You can get more information about support groups in your location. That number is 800-238-2333. You need to reach out for support. This is something that you cannot do alone. You can always contact 2ndfloor by text or phone 24/7 @ 888-222-2228. Good luck and please get some support.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X