my parents just got separated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my parents just got separated

My parents just got seperated and my mom and I always fight and now that my dad isnt there to fight with her she takes it all out on my brother and i, I dont know why!

I am sorry to hear that you feel like your mom is taking her frustrations out on you, that can’t feel good. Maybe it’s just a tough patch with your family right now, especially since they recently separated, but it is possible in time it will pass. Also keep in mind that your mom's reaction has a lot to do with her own feelings and may not have anything to do with you. I'm not saying that's its okay that she does it, but I’m trying to get you to see the other side so that you may be able to react or cope differently.
    If you haven't already maybe express yourself to them or even write them a letter telling them how you feel. I don't know how old you are but if you’re in school, try going to your guidance counselor to talk that is what they are there for. Do you have any interests? Try to do things that can reduce stress when you want to vent, like going for a walk, watching a funny movie, listen to music, join an activity after school, journal your thoughts, volunteer. You can always call or text 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7 and we will talk to you anytime. Hope this helps some!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X