I feel alone😿

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel alone😿

My school counselor had just moved schools.He was the only one that I felt comfortable talking to.I personally don't like the new counselor.She explains the situations to my teachers.I've been depressed for a while and I have no one to go to. I have no friends.My sisters don't understand .And my parents just try to put me in a hospital when I tell them how I feel.I have social anxiety .My dad keeps telling me to get friends but I don't know how.Plus my grades are going down.I feel so alone right now.I feel emty inside.I cry myself to sleep everynight. I just need someone to talk to for once😦😔

It can be really frustrating and upsetting to not have your family understand the way you are feeling. Unfortunately you cannot control whether or not your family will ever understand how & why you are feeling this way. Sometimes parents can rush to conclusions about your feelings when they don't understand it by saying just make friends or you need to go to the hospital, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t care, they may not know what to say. Also, maybe it would not be a bad idea to get more intensive treatment in a hospital if your parents are suggesting this, I do not know the entire situation but it sounds like they just want to make sure that you are safe so try to talk to them. Maybe you can write a note about what is going on with you and give it to them.
    It is important to stay connected to support in your life. So I encourage you to try again to speak with the new counselor at school, I know you mentioned that you don’t like her, but it takes time to develop a rapport and trust with someone new so give it another try!! It is important to talk about this with a professional counselor so if you really don’t feel comfortable talking with guidance then seek therapy outside of school so you can develop coping skills to deal with stressors. Here is the number to NJ Mental Health Cares at 866 202- 4357 they have referrals to local mental health providers and can provide emotional crisis screening locations. Keep your head up and know you are not alone!! If you need any more help or want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us.

Comment

It got worse

I started talking to the counselor but now I'm always being pulled out of class because they found out I was self harming.My teachers know what's going on but the other students don't.Which created a whole mess.I'm being teased by the other kids because they don't know what's going on which is none of their business.I haven't had a friend in the last 4 years.People just come and go.Which is getting annoying. I don't know what to do anymore.My mom left my dad and left the country,so my dad has to do everything.I barely see him because he is always working.My depression and anxiety might not be the best thing to tell him right now because he has so much stuff going on right now.I just hide a smile for him because I don't want him to be worried.It's scary what a smile can hide.I don't know what to do with my life right now I'm stuck in between a battle of life and death.....

Comment

That's great that you reached out to your new counselor and you are starting to get the help you need. You are right that you don't have to tell anyone about your situation that you are not comfortable telling. That's your decision to make and your business. Telling your Dad would probably be better than hiding it from him. I understand he has a lot going on, but most parents I think would appreciate the honesty rather than trying to protect his feelings, he can probably handle it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X