My girlfriend's dad is abusive.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend's dad is abusive.

My girlfriend's dad is physically abusive. She thinks it's "okay" and doesn't want to do anything about it, but I want it to stop. How can I convince her or even talk to her about seeking help?

Sometimes it can be difficult for family members to recognize unhealthy and abusive relationships. Physical abuse is never okay no matter what the scenario. Is there anyone else in her family that she is able to talk to about this? Have you considered talking to another adult about the behavior that you have seen? It's important to start conversations with your girlfriend with acknowledging how she is feeling, but helping her to see that this behavior is not normal but it's also not her fault! You can provide her with different resources http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/family-abuse.html you can also talk to her about speaking to a counselor, or you can give her our number to talk. Continue to support her and to discuss with her your concern about what you are seeing. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 12PM-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X