I Need Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help

Hi I have problems that I really can't deal with any more. I am 15 ill be 16 in 2 months. I live in New Jersey I live with my mother my father is in my life but he is married with two other kids. I asked him can I come live with him he said sure but its like he's not positive that he wants me to come. I am a straight A student and very mature for my age I look older to. My mom is very strict I can't do any thing like go outside during the day, have friends over or anything. My mom takes care of my nephew who is giving her a lot of problems. I have been thinking about minor emancipation. I can take care of myself I know I can. PLEASE HELP ME I'LL TAKE ANY ADVICE

Emancipation is probably not going to work for you, unless you are financially able to care for yourself, most judges will not grant that request. Maybe a better way to deal with this issue is to sit down with your Father and see where the confusion is. He says sure, but then he says he's not positive. Ask him to be honest with you, even if the answer is he doesn't want you there, because at least then you'll know. Maybe he can also take that time to express his concerns with you living with him and you can respond to them. If that does not work out, you can try to speak with your Mom about the rules she is setting for you and if there is anything you can do to show her that you are responsible and not in need of them being so strict. Other than that, if you really have a desire to move out of the house, it can happen in 2 years or when you are ready to go to college. Begin preparing for it now, but it is very difficult for a young person to be financially independent. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X