I am unsure and scared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am unsure and scared

My mom makes fun of me for being ftm transgender, and calls me names like bitch, asshole, snot, jerk, piece of shit, and so on. She reminds me every chance she gets that i am a girl and will always be a girl even though i have identified as a boy for more than 2 years. She doesn't let me be angry or express how I feel when she does these things. She usually just rolls her eyes and says 'okay, whatever you say' or yells ' get away from me' when i try to talk to her about it, and my school won't do anything about it except to tell me that things get better. My dad is in jail, and unfortunately I am only thirteen years old. I've gotten so scared that my mom will yell at me or tease me that I store food in my room and go to the bathroom using menstral pads and then wake up at 3 in the morning when everyone is asleep to restock. She doesnt check on me even when I haven't left my room for days to get anything. She doesn't bother to check if I've eaten or showered at all even if weeks go by and made fun of my eating disorders, self harm, and sucidal thoughts when I had those problems about 1\2 a year ago. I don't think I will make it long enough to move out because that's a long time from now, but I don't want to go into foster care because I have 3 siblings who I can't leave and I heard about foster parents using their foster kids for money. All I do is cry and I am so scared. I don't know what to do or who to call because she will just scream at me more if I call the police. Countless social workers have come to our house but they just leave and never do anything about what I tell them. We have tried counseling before but it just ended up with two people sitting at our table making me sit there in silence while my mom called me every name she could think of. I am so scared, please help.

Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR. Please know that if you are having thoughts of suicide contact 911 or the suicide prevention lifeline right away 800-273-8255. Another great resource is the Trevor Project 866-488-7386 they also have a 24/7 crisis line and work closely with the LGBTQ community. I'm so sorry that you are going through this extremely difficult time on your own. I can understand not wanting to contact the police, but from what you are telling me your mom is neglecting you and child protective services should be contacted. I know you said you have had experiences with counselors and social workers before, but when you contact Child Protection and Permanency their first move is not usually to take children from their family. They may open up an investigation, they may provide you with counseling or provide your mom with some help. Here is a website with each county's contact information. http://www.nj.gov/dcf/contact/dcpplocal/index.html I know you are scared but you do not have to go through this alone. Contact the police anytime you do not feel safe and report the neglect ASAP. You are an extremely brave and resilient individual. Here are some additional resources for you that may help in the meantime http://www.glaad.org/transgender/resources. If you want to talk more you can always call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X