My father and I just don't speak

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father and I just don't speak

Im cold to him. I think it's because I'm jealous of my sister and my fathers relationship. He gives all his attention to her. Its not fair. I try my hardest in what I can to impress him and he seems enthused but its not the same amount of care and support he gives to my sister. I seem to be closer to my mother. Is it normal to be closer to one parent? Will this change as I get older and mature?

Family relationship are complex. I can not say there is a specific "normal" way of being with either parent, but I have heard that some kids feel closer to one parent at one time in there life and then they feel closer to another at a different point in there life so maybe it will change for you. Why don't you try to talk to your father about how you feel, often times we assume people understand why we are acting a certain way but that is not true, unless we communicate how we feel we can't expect people to understand. Have a heart to heart, your dad probably is not meaning to make you feel that he is more fond of your sister and if you talk maybe that can change. Just a thought!! If you are nervous to talk about it then try writing a note to him, its less confrontational but it gets the same message across. I hope this helps you figure out some things. If you want to talk ever about this or anything call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM at the same number.

Comment

i know how you feel bout that, cause im going through samething as you , my dad is closer to my brother than me and my mom is closer to me, see my dad and i argue everyday and we get at each others throat, to point where i want to runaway, so keep your head up and i promise it will get better

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X