Moving with dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving with dad

Hello. Well my parents are divorced but they get along really well. And since I've been dealing with depression for the past three years, especially this year. I had a break down in front of my dad and he was asking me what was wrong he asked me some stuff and also asked me if I wanted to live with him. I said no at the moment. But where he lives is New York where all my aunts and cousins are, and I barely get to see them since I live in New Jersey. Anyways I would love to be closer to my cousins, we annoy each-other so much but we love each other so much. And I want a big family. But if I were to live with my dad, he would be gone all the time since he's a taxi driver and works at night and is very tired every morning and my dad also had kids in Ecuador so he goes there every other month. I don't know if i should tell my mom I want to live closer to my cousins. I told her once and she took it as a joke. What should I do? Do I tell them?

Divorce is hard and learning how to readjust your life with both parents can be challenging so give yourself a break. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling depressed for a couple of years that must make you feel alone. Have you tried to talk to a counselor? Family counseling? Individual? Even reach out to your guidance counselor in school, he/she can help you talk to your parents about these concerns as well. It's just important not to isolate yourself! It sounds like your parents are open to hearing you out so try talking to them about your depression and about how you might want to spend more time with your dad. Listen, right now life circumstance may seem overwhelming but this is only temporary. Hang in there and keep your head up!! Please don't hesitate to call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily between 4-8pm, we are always here to listen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X