Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what to do..

I'm 19 and I'm 27 weeks pregnant...
    My baby's dad is living with me and doesn't help with the rent or bills or even cleaning.
    I really need him to understand how I feel about him not helping but whenever I get upset he tells me I'm overreacting or I shouldn't feel the way I do..
    How do I deal with this? It's making me very depressed.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I can understand why you would feel upset about this, its hard to do everything on your own and being in a relationship is a partnership, especially if your having a baby too. You should have a conversation with him about what your expectations are and what you want out of the relationship before the baby comes. Maybe do it when you both are not upset though, you can even right it in a note to him. Writing a letter is less confrontational for both parties. I hope this helps. Good Luck and call 2NDFLOOR anytime you want to talk at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Do you really love him? If you're not sure he is mature enough for starting a family I think you'd better leave him. Get your friends together, throw a baby shower - the help and gifts you get at the even are always ofhelp for a new mother.

Comment

Maybe, But...

I think you should list the pros and cons of leaving him. Think about money, food, shelter, insurance, a baby shower will give you things but those things will only last you and your child for so long. Try making a list of chores for both of you to do see if that helps.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X