Please help me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

My parents emotionally and verbally abuse me and don't let me keep to myself they always yell at me if I don't tell them things and then call me names and stuff I just need help I need to get out of here Ik it's not physical abuse but I can't take it please help me

If you feel that you are being abused you can contact DCP&P, this is the Division of Child and Protection and Permanency at 1-877-652-2873. I don’t know the circumstances but it is not okay for anyone to abuse another, emotionally or physically so don’t feel like you have to accept it!! Sometimes it can be hard to understand why parents act a certain way, especially if they haven't really taken the time to explain to you their feelings behind their actions. It may be possible that your parents aren’t intending to make you feel unvalued. Could you try talking to them? If you are able to set aside a time to talk to your parents, try to do it when you know they are focused. For example, you don't want to do it right when they comes home from work, because they may be drained from the day or not relaxed enough to focus. Once you are able to set aside a time to talk, just try to be as honest about your feelings. It may help to write down what you want to say beforehand. If you feel this is too challenging then do you have anyone that you trust to talk about this? Aunt? Uncle? Cousin? Trusted adult? It’s important to have someone you trust to support you and whom you can vent to. Even talk to your guidance counselor they can get you help, have your parents come in & listen or even just to listen.

If it is a possibility I would recommend going to a counselor on a regular basis so that you have time to discuss these issues in further detail. I hope this helps and if you need to talk call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X