Why is this happening to me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this happening to me?

SO I have 2 siblings that moved out and are now independent. Now Im the only child left in the house. SO today My mom was being so harsh on me about my grades. And she loves to put me in comparison of my sister. I feel like she still is playing favorites and I dont like today I told her how we have no communication and how harsh she speaks to me. I plan on giving her the silent treatment. I just feel like my mother has no more love for me. Like i am a disappointment to her. Running away has been going through my mind. I feel like at a 15 year old she doesn't understand my problems and the things I go through. I need help

Being the only child at home can be difficult. I can understand the urge to want to run out of a place where you are feeling this way, but it's not the answer. I think it's great that you are trying to communicate with your mom. She may be going through things as well and not realize how her behavior is affecting you. Have you tried talking to your siblings about how you feel? They may have an idea of how to communicate and discuss how you are feeling with her better. You could try writing down what you want to say to her. You could also try talking to her about how you are feeling before any sort of argument or comparison comes up. If you want to talk more you can call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X