I wish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish

I just wish my mom would understand that depression can't be cured by threatening me to take me to the mental hospital. I was taken to the mental hospital once because of self-harm, stress, and depression. I've handled my stress and haven't self-harmed for almost a year but I still suffer from depression. I don't tell my mom I still suffer depression but she can tell from my attitude when I barely talk and kind of walk slow. I just tell her I'm tired but she always tells me, "If I find out you're depressed I'm taking you back to the hospital." I want her to understand that nothing can be cured by threatening me. I want her to understand but I don't want to tell her that I still suffer from depression.

That's a tough situation. However, you should be very proud of yourself for overcoming self-harm during the past year. That is a wonderful defeat. You are also right...a hospital will not cure depression. However, support can help. It sounds like you first need the support of your mom. Is your mom educated about depression? Maybe if you decide to speak to her more about this you can have some resources ready to back you up. Here are some resources you can check out:
    www.naminj.org
    www.reachout.com
    If you would like to talk about this further please give us a call at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm.
    Best of luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X