Being scared of my dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being scared of my dad

Whenever I ask my parents to go somewhere with my friends, I get the answer no all the time and I usually ask why and they don"t give me a response. I got fed up it and I said "Seriously why can"t I go" and my dad yells "Fine, go and don't come back. Pack your things" and I get it he was mad, but his yelling triggers so much panic in me and it's gotten to the point where I get scared to talk to him because I don't know what to expect. And I don't want to be scared of him because he's my dad, but all the panic attacks I've had in the past were because of him. I want to stop this because I'm 15 years old and I've never had a say in whether I want to hang out with my friends or not. I can never disobey since I know I'm gonna get punished when I get back.

I'm sorry to hear that you’re upset and struggling with your dad. Have you tried telling your dad about how you feel? Does he know you get panic attacks? I know it must be hurtful to have a parent treat you poorly so try to take care of yourself emotionally. As you get older you will need to gain some experiences by going out with friends, getting a job, etc. I believe having a mediator such as another trusted adult to help you speak with your father may be helpful. Is there another adult that you trust that you can talk to about this? Do you have a family member that would allow you to stay there for a while? If you are experiencing panic attacks you need to seek medical help and start counseling with a licensed counselor, social worker, or psychologist. They can help you develop coping strategies to address the anxiety. There are other resources available to you in case you ever feel like leaving your home. You can also check out http://www.1800runaway.org/ a resource for anyone who has had thoughts of running away or who has run away. Here is there 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or 1-800-786-2929. If you want to talk more you can continue to post here or call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228. Call us... you do not have to go through this alone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X