It's hard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hard

My parents have always fought for as long as I can remember. This past Monday, my parents got into a fight that turned physical. My dad moved out of the house into my grandparents house and my mom stayed in our current house. For the past week I've been primarily with my dad and I know I always will be. This is the first weekend I'm spending with my mom since Monday and it hurts. I realize how much I miss my mom when I'm with my dad and how much I miss my dad when I'm with my mom. Also being in our old house keeps reminding me of old memories. I keep walking past my dads mancave and expecting him to be there. I want us all to be together again but they don't want to. My mom said she prefers it this way. She asked me if I was okay with it and I said yes. I lied because she likes it better. She likes it better even though she barely has any money and has no food. My dad refuses to come back because he's afraid what might happen. Being back in my old house is to much and I don't think I can take going back and forth when I'm constantly reminded of the old memories. It's all to much for me and I constantly cry every night. I can't do this forever.

I am sorry that you and your family are going through this. First of all know that none of this is your fault. Your parents have been having a difficult relationship for a long time and they feel that they are better apart, for everybody's sake. I understand you're torn feelings. Divorce is a very difficult thing for the entire family. Have you spoke to your parents about getting into counseling? Do you have someone to speak to about how you feel, maybe a counselor in school, a teacher, or maybe a relative? It is important for you to get these feelings out. All of these feeling that you are having are very normal. I am not sure if your parents are going to try to work things out in the future but I would like you to check this website out. It is about children of divorce. Even though your parents are separated there is some great information with how to cope through this tough time. There is also a chat feature too. www.iamachildofdivorce.com Stay strong and find someone to reach out to, you will start feeling better. Please do not hesitate to contact 2NDFLOOR, either by message board, phone or texting. You can reach us @ 888-222-2228 24/7 or text any day between 4-8 PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X