Expectations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations

Hi I am a highschool student and I started to think about my future. The thing is I feel like I am obligated to go into med school because of my dad. However, I want to go into the criminal justice department in forensic phycology or profiling. I told my dad this subtly and he called me all different names such as "worthless" "an embarrassment" and he even told me he regrets for whatever he has done for me. The thing is my whole life I feel like my dad has never supported me in the way he should have. I do not want to be labeled as "a mistake" and I want to make my dad proud. If I do not go to med school my dad will kick me out and my dad used to be my best friend. I don't want to loose that. Should I just make my dad happy and go to med school?

I am sorry to hear that your dad isn't supportive of you going into criminal justice or forensic psychology. Those are exciting and very interesting fields. You should be happy with your career choice in life because you are the one who has to live with that choice. You do have the power to decide ultimately, so really think about what YOU want to do!! Forensic psychology is in the medicine field so maybe you can do some research to present to your dad and even ask your guidance counselor to help you get information, but again the bottom line is that you are aloud to choose what you want in the future! I hope things get better for you soon. If you ever need to talk about this or anything call 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 or text us daily from 4-8pm. Good Luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X