I dont know what to do anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know what to do anymore

It seems like everyday my parents (mostly my dad and sometimes my mom) are either mad at me for no reason or they are happy. I don't understand why but that's what happens. For example I was in the kitchen and my mom had just left and then i was making noodles for dinner because we were having spaghetti and then i went to my room (not paying attention to the noodles). And then as i was listening to my music i saw y dad go to the kitchen and then he came and my roomed and screamed at me about the noodles and how they burned (which they didn't it was just that some of the noodles were stuck to each other). Then i just went to my room and then grabbed a towel cause i was going to take a shower to just get the stress off my chest (When i go take a shower i usually bring my laptop to listen to my music because that's the only thing that really makes me happy) Then right before i start undressing my dad comes in the bathroom and takes my laptop. And then i stop the water because i don't feel like taking a shower anymore and then he screams at me some more for no reason. I just don't get it. Sometimes i feel like i was a mistake to the world and i shouldn't have been born. And other days i can handle my parent's anger. And a while ago my dad smacked in the face for just eating a piece of meat that i didn't know wasn't fully cooked. And my face ended up swollen and my lip was busted. I just need some advice on what i should do because i really love my parents but they always bother me about stupi stuff and yell at me or hit me.

I am sorry to hear how hurt you are about your parents actions toward you! Sometimes it’s challenging to understand why parents are behaving a certain way, especially if they haven't clarified to you why they are really upset. Do you think it’s possible that your dad isn’t intending to make you feel bad? Maybe it’s just a rough patch with your family and in time it will pass. I am not saying that it is okay for your dad to be aggressive toward you and take his anger out on you, but could he be going through something that maybe he hasn’t shared? Just a thought. If you haven't already talked to them, then you should try explaining your feelings or even write them a letter telling them how you feel. I don't know how old you are but if you’re in school, go to your guidance counselor to talk that is what they are there for. Talking about how you feel is a valuable coping mechanism, because it usually helps you feel better to vent. The counselor can even help you talk to your parents if you want them to or even get information to them about family counseling. You can even vent to a trusted friend about your frustration too. It’s also great that you enjoy listening to music, you mentioned it makes you happy so continue using that as a tool to deal with stress. Try to do some other things as well to reduce stress like going exercise, watch a funny movie, join an activity, journal your thoughts, volunteer at an animal shelter. I hope this helped and wish you luck talking to your parents. If you need to talk about this or anything call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228, we are here 24/7 or you can text us daily from 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X