I can't take it anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't take it anymore

I'm a daddy's girl through and through. Everyone always tells me that they admire how close I am with my dad and I wish I could tell them why. I have never been close with my mom and it's because I think she's crazy. She has severe anger issues and I think she truly needs help. She always screams profanities at me and my dad and it had gotten physical before. I'm not proud of me getting physical with my mom at all but it just happened. My dad has endured years of her anger and rage because he's scared that he won't get custody of me. I admire my dad so much for going through it all and keeping calm. My mom truly makes his life a living hell. My mom goes from laughing one second to going insane. It's been happening since as long as I can remember. I've called the police when I was younger because my mom was hitting my dad and I've had social workers and therapists come into my house to talk about that. The therapist I was assigned too said I was fine but my home life was extremely unhealthy for me. I thought I was fine for the longest time but now I notice that whenever she talks to me I start to get really mad and angry when she screams. I want to punch something and pull out my hair. I grind my teeth and scratch myself. I bite my lip and I want to just scream. I've thrown a hair dryer across the room and I've screamed and lashed out because of it. I don't know if it's because of the atmosphere I've grown up. I'm just scared that I'll end up like my mom. I don't know what to do.

What you're going through is extremely difficult and I understand your concern. What you are experiencing is considered domestic violence. Have you tried going to family counseling? It would allow you and your dad a safe place to discussing how you are feeling. It sounds like your mother may be experiencing mental health illness that she may not be able to control. If she is not treated it may result in someone getting hurt. There are several resources in for families with domestic violence in your town. You and your father may also want to contact the local police due to the physical altercations so that they may take a report. In the event of another physical assault to you or your dad you should call 911. If you are under 18 years you can also contact your states Department of Child Protective Services to report child abuse. This would start an investigation and require your mother to get counseling and parenting classes to ensure your safety. If you have more questions or want to learn more about your options don't hesitate to contact 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM. Our number is 888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 01-30-2016, 09:38 PM. Reason: state is unknown.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X